SECOND SUNDAY SEMINAR SERIES
This series is designed to provide intensive four-hour training sessions for Stage & Screen Combat. The subject matter will vary from month to month. Sometimes we will train in the use of specific weapons. Other times the sessions will cover acting-based topics as they specifically relate to violence on stage or screen.
The 2014 schedule is as follows:
March 9th, 2014:
Italian Rapier for Stage & Screen
an intensive immersion into staging historical rapier for the stage and screen. Learn how a foundation in martial intent helps to create extraordinary fights! Whether your background is in Western Martial Arts, Stage Combat, Stunt Work or Dance you will benefit from exploring how to transfer historical martial combat systems into safe and exciting performances on stage or screen.
Participants will begin by looking at the elements of rapier that must be carried into staged violence. After understanding these fundamentals we will explore how a character's understanding of those martial principles allows for great acting choices. Time permitting, participants will perform short fight scenes of safe and believable choreography.
April 13th, 2014:
Acting the Fight
You must sign up by March 31st. Participants are given a scene in advanced and you must come off-book ready to learn blocking and a fight. We will explore the scene and find ways to integrate violence to enhance the story being told.
May 18th, 2014:
WHERE: KHDT - 330 Broome St. NYC unless otherwise noted.
COST: Early Registration (by the end of the preceding month): $75
Registration (during the month the class is offered) $100:
Please note which session you are registering for with your payment. You will then receive a confirmation email that your spot in the class is secured.
- Learn the skills needed to perform extraordinary fights in ongoing classes which offer individualized training. Want a "crash course" instead? Enroll in a one to six week intensive course. Click above for details.
Training & Seminars
- Get the training you need. Whether it's a knife fight for an upcoming film or swordwork for a Shakespeare production, we can get you ready! Jared offers training in unarmed, knife, longsword, sword & shield, axe, rapier, small-sword, sabre, short-sword, quarterstaff, spear, improvised weapons and much more.
- For details on private instruction or weekend seminars click above.
In the Press
- Recently mentioned in the New York Times: "an expert in the Spanish and Italian rapiers, [Jared] works as a film and theater consultant, training actors and arranging dueling scenes." Read the full article and other press by clicking above.
Stage & Screen Fights
- Fights that excite an audience, define a character
and move a plot. Incorporate realistic violence into
your film, TV or stage production!